Uniquely Balinese, Waka Hotels & Resorts and WHM are headed by the former Director of Oberoi Hotels & Resorts Indonesia, Kamal K. Kaul, the group’s President & CEO. Waka Group is owned by three Balinese brothers, who each bring a unique talent to the group.
The two resorts operated by Waka Hotels & Resorts are located in the west and north Bali away from the touristy and crowded parts of the island. Each resort blends in perfectly with its own unspoiled area of the island, offering unique vacation spots for the discerning visitors wishing to get away from the busy beaches of south Bali. This is in line with the group’s vision to grow within the home island of Bali and beyond with focus on off the beaten track locations surrounded by natural beauty, offering genuine Balinese hospitality.
Currently the properties owned or managed by the group include:
- WakaGangga – Beachfront 4* resort in Tabanan, Bali
- WakaSailing – Luxury catamaran operating sailing day trips to Nusa Lembongan Island
- WakaLandCruise – Day trips by classic Land Rover Defender or Toyota Land Cruiser to Jatiluwih, Kintamani, Ubud and Sangeh
- WakaBeachClub – Jungut Batu beach, Lembongan Island. All day beachside dining 10 am – 10 pm.
- NusaBay Menjangan by WHM – Beachfront 3* charming eco-resort on Kotal Beach in the West Bali National Park
- Bamboo Forest Restaurant by WHM – A unique restaurant in the middle of tropical rain forest, Jatiluwih, Tabanan, Bali. Open daily for lunch 11 am – 4 pm.
- Pasir Putih Campsite – Kotal Beach, West Bali National Park